Saturday 12 July 2014

Genki Sushi

I've always been a loyal fan of Genki Sushi since years yearssss ago when my Dad still had a car and we would drive to the Changi Airport's outlet for dinner once every few weeks. It closed down suddenly for unknown reasons and now it is back with a new concept (express sushi, literally). 

Anyway, I think it was around 3 years back when it reopened and I remembered going there with my family during the opening week. I loved their food and since then I've been going there if I am in the vicinity. Daniel loves it too. But sad to say, when I visited it two days ago I was utterly disappointed. Not sure when did they actually served such low standard of food. Read more to find out...

GENKI SUSHI ORCHARD CENTRAL 
181 Orchard Road, #03-32, Orchard Central 

GENKI SUSHI CHINATOWN POINT 
133 New Bridge Road 
#02-33 Chinatown Point

Sushi are served in these cute trains. Now they have the Astro Boy version. Super cute. 
Check out the Hello Kitty plates. 
Not sure if you can see this but when I took them off the train I was shocked. The handroll looked like it has been through a war before it was served to me. And the other thing is that I can still see the salmon skin on my salmon and it looks like it's dirty. Super gross. And it doesn't taste as nice and thick as my last few visits. As if what I had up till now wasn't disappointing...
Daniel ordered two of their chawanmushi because he knew that he would finish one by himself. Think he regretted his choice too. Because it really taste a world of difference compared to last time. Not sure why this is happening, maybe it's because since they opened the Chinatown outlet their standards dropped or what. It's just so disappointing. 
At least there's one dish that Daniel love. Fried Chicken Gunkan. -.-
By the way, the salmon maki (on the right, back of the photo) was not too bad. 

Not sure if we'll be coming back anytime soon. It's like the cute Hello Kitty plates can't even help redeem Genki Sushi anymore. I'd rather go queue at The Sushi Bar at Far East Plaza than queuing for Genki Sushi now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment